Please see the job posting from Rahco Rubber below:
Machine Mechanic/Technician (Split 1st/2nd shift: 12:00pm-8:30pm)
Job Type: Full-time
Shift: Split 1st/2nd Shift (12pm-8:30pm)
*Training will be conducted on 1st shift (7am-3:30pm)
Pay: $23.00 - $25.00 per hour
To exercise the role of Machine Mechanic/Technician in a fast-paced production environment. The
Machine Mechanic/Technician works as key part of a team to oversee the cleaning, repairing, installing,
and organization of all molds and tools required to produce rubber components. This role has a significant
impact on OEE, daily factory and production operations, and overall mold performance — and is a highly
visible position within the company, critical to our growth as a world-class supplier and value-added partner
• Read setup instruction sheet to determine prescribed settings and verify correct setup of tooling,
presses, and auxiliary equipment before machine start up
• Position, align, and secure assembled tools or tool components, and machine accessories, onto
machine using hoist, power tools and hand tools
• Set up and adjust automatic injection presses
• Set up of auxiliary tools and equipment
• Clean tooling (plastic media, ultrasonic and dry ice)
• Record tool cleaning and tool setup made
• Propose and implement improvements that will reduce setup cost, increase output, increase
machine up time, decrease expense, and provide a better and safer work environment
• Oversee and maintain workspace cleanliness and organization
• 3+ years of experience as a Machine Mechanic/Technician preferred but not necessary
• Mechanical Aptitude and Problem-Solving Skills
• Plastic and/or Rubber Manufacturing Experience
• Equipment Maintenance Experience
• Good attendance and performance work history
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not necessary
• Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
• Requires excellent mobility and use of proper lifting techniques to avoid injury
• Previous knowledge of compression and injection molding preferred (plastic or rubber industries
• Previous forklift experience – must be able to pass forklift certification.
• 5S and Lean Principles a major plus
• Must have basic computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Team Player
• To apply for the Machine Mechanic/Technician position, please reply to this posting by stating your interest and attaching your resume.
• Must have the ability and willingness to work overtime on an as-needed basis to complete any work-in-process and communicate production information during shift changeover.
• This position offers very competitive pay, benefits, training and advancement opportunities.
ABOUT RAHCO RUBBER
Rahco Rubber, Inc. is an ISO 9001:2008 & 2015 Certified, vertically-integrated manufacturer of custom-engineered, precision molded rubber components and sealing solutions. It formulates and optimizes advanced polymer materials, produces highly-engineered rubber parts to exacting specifications, with zero defects, and facilitates secondary operations in-house. Since 1967, Rahco has built a reputation as a best-in-class supplier and value-added partner to the nation’s most sophisticated manufacturers, OEMs and Tier I & II suppliers. It is a family owned and operated business that embraces a customer-focused philosophy based on trust, dedication to delivering the highest quality and lean manufacturing excellence. Rahco products are predominantly found throughout the appliance, water distribution, off-road equipment, food service, rail hatch, electrical supply, agricultural and medical implements industries.
Employee safety is a priority at Rahco Rubber, and that is especially true during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have implemented stringent protocols to keep our workplace safe, including a rigorous sanitation schedule, CDC-compliant PPE use, and physical distancing.
This person will report to the Production Manager.
Contact Shawn Durbin at (224) 217-6222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
1 post • Page 1 of 1